To download AWFD use the form below, further information is available on the homepage.
Before downloading the AWFD archive you must first read and accept a license agreement.
License Agreement for the Software Package AWFD
Between the Institut für Angewandte Mathematik der Rheinischen Friedrich-Wilhelms Universität Bonn - hereinafter referred as licenser - and YOU - hereinafter referred as licensee.
§ 1 Object of Agreement
The licenser lets to the licensee the right of the temporarily unrestricted use of the software package AWFD.
§ 2 Property and Copyright
The licenser is the owner of all rights of AWFD including all contributions made by others. We do this to make the code freely available on one hand, and on the other hand, to synchronize and steer the further development. Of course we appreciate and acknowledge the contributions of others by maintaing the "Thanks" section. You can also add 'Programmed by ...' comments in the code that you contribute. If this is unacceptable for you, then don't contribute code.
§ 3 Appropriate Citation
The licensee agrees that any reports or published results obtained with the Software AWFD will acknowledge its use by the appropriate citation of the licenser as follows:
"AWFD was developed by the research group in the Division of Scientific Computing and Numerical Simulation at the University of Bonn."
Any published work which utilizes AWFD shall include the following references:
- F. Koster. Multiskalen-basierte Finite Differenzen Verfahren auf adaptiven dünnen Gittern. Doktorarbeit, Universität Bonn, January 2002.
- M. Griebel and F. Koster. Adaptive wavelet solvers for the unsteady incompressible Navier Stokes equations. In J. Malek, J. Necas, and M. Rokyta, editors, Advances in Mathematical Fluid Mechanics, Lecture Notes of the Sixth International School ''Mathematical Theory in Fluid Mechanics'', Paseky, Czech Republic, September 1999. Springer Verlag, 2000. also as Report SFB 256 No. 669, Institut für Angewandte Mathematik, Universität Bonn, 2000.
- M. Griebel. Adaptive sparse grid multilevel methods for elliptic PDEs based on finite differences. Computing, 61(2):151-179, 1998.
- Also as: Proceedings Large-Scale Scientific Computations of Engineering and Environmental Problems, 7. June - 11. June, 1997, Varna, Bulgaria, Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics 62, Vieweg-Verlag, Braunschweig, M. Griebel, O. Iliev, S. Margenov and P. Vassilevski (editors).
- T. Schiekofer. Die Methode der Finiten Differenzen auf dünnen Gittern zur Lösung elliptischer und parabolischer partieller Differentialgleichungen. Doktorarbeit, Universität Bonn, 1999.
§ 4 Obligations of the Licensee
It is in the licensees responsibility that all employees and students with access to AWFD follow the restrictions of this agreement.
It is not permitted to sell AWFD or parts of it or results obtained with it. Furthermore, it is not allowed to use AWFD for any commercial purposes.
Any modifications or extensions made by the licensee fall under these stipulations.
§ 5 Liability
AWFD is an experimental code. The licenser does not guarantee that AWFD is error free and that it complies to the special requirements of the licensee. The licenser does not assume any liability.
§ 6 Supplementary Provisions
The agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with German law. The place of jurisdiction is Bonn/Germany.
If you agree with the above license, please fill in the form below and press the accept button. After pressing the accept button an email will be sent to you automatically which contains a link to download AWFD. Of course your personal data will not be given to any third party. Please note that a valid email address is needed because the link where to download the AWFD-package will be sent by email.